Finishing Team Member – Night Shift
Oak Ridge, TN
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
SCHEDULE: Night Shift – Mon-Thurs 8:30 pm – 7:00 am
Protomet Corporation (www.protomet.com) is a Manufacturing, Engineering and Technology Corporation serving our clients’ high precision production manufacturing needs.
Responsible for surface preparation of products prior to the anodizing process. Blast, sand, or polish parts as thoroughly and efficiently as possible per directions and goals set forth by the Protomet. Follow established quality and safety standards. Must demonstrate ability to be a self-starter and independent thinker with strong work ethic and integrity. Responsible for following through on commitments and keeping others advised on progress.
- Primary responsibility: Sandblast parts that are scheduled via the 4FF. FIFO lane or the “hot” production board. Run machines as efficiently as possible per the production goals. Log completed work on the Production Control board accordingly.
- Ensure each part that comes out of the machine has an even, well-blasted finish, with no shadowing or other markings that will diminish the attractiveness of its finish.
- Polish and sand parts as required.
- Conduct maintenance of equipment according to the operation manual of the given blaster and daily PM schedules.
- Clean workspace before the end of shift. This includes sweeping the area around the blaster, putting tools or parts back in their proper place, and cleaning any additional messes around the blasting area.
- Must adhere to safety regulations of the company and department.
- Identify / maintain control of nonconforming material demonstrated.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Perform routine machine preventative maintenance.
- Perform assembly / handwork when needed.
- Must adhere to safety regulations of the company and department
- Identify / maintain control of nonconforming material demonstrated
- Maintain a clean work area
- Perform routine machine preventative maintenance
- Perform assembly / handwork when needed
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds on a regular basis
- Able to stand/walk/stoop/bend for up to 8-10 hours per day as required
- Must be able to use shop-oriented mathematics
- HS Diploma
- Must be able to work overtime, including Saturdays, as needed
- Will be required to use email / computer
- On Time Shipments
- Must demonstrate efforts to eliminate repeat mistakes
- Must be able to meet pace requirements
- Client Feedback. Must meet client’s expectations for excellence