Oak Ridge, TN
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
Protomet Corporation (www.protomet.com) is a Manufacturing, Engineering and Technology Corporation serving our clients’ high precision production manufacturing needs.
Machine Operators generally work one of the following schedules:
- Day Shift – Mon-Thurs 7:00am-5:30pm
- Night Shift – Mon-Thurs 8:30pm-7:00am
- Weekend Shift – Fri, Sat, Sun 7:00am-7:30pm
Candidates must be results oriented, have demonstrated good attendance and prior work experience in fast paced/high tech manufacturing.
Pay is commensurate with experience. Night shift and weekend shift differential = $1.00/hr added to base wage.
Operate multiple pieces of computer numeric controlled production equipment in a work cell. Select appropriate settings and make adjustments as necessary. Follow established quality and safety standards. Measure and record key dimensions using calibrated measuring devices. Use engineering drawings to machine, finish and assemble precision parts using programmable CNC machines. Must demonstrate ability to be a self-starter, independent thinker, work safely and be efficient while working on multiple jobs under pressure and at a fast pace. Responsible for following through on commitments and keeping others advised on progress.
Will be able to progress in responsibility and pay as capability is demonstrated.
- Demonstrate CNC machine operator skill set using standard machining concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Responsible for multi-tasking, running multiple parts on several CNC machines and keeping machines running during shift transfers. Work at high pace.
- Follow the specified machining process engineering plan and/or initiates changes to ensure quality and productivity. Always meet or exceed company/client standards.
- Read/Understand drawings, job instructions, job travelers (routing steps, ship date and order quantity) and in process dimensions requirements. Verify dimensions using identified measuring devices at appropriate frequency; ultimately ensures that all parts produced will meet client specifications. Communicate with Shift Leader, immediate Manager, Machining Process Engineering (programmers) and others to resolve quality and productivity issues.
- Report accurate data and tracking order quantity.
- Maintain a positive, “can do” client focused attitude and environment that promotes continuous quality improvement, promotes teamwork/unity and assures that orders ship on time and at full quantity.
- Able to drive/obtain a fork truck license.
- Adhere to safety regulations of the company and department.
- Identify/maintain control of non-conforming material as demonstrated.
- Use a computer to input quality, productivity and inventory control data.
- Complete MDI Boards and Gage Sheets.
- Transfer MDI Data to Pareto
- Maintain a clean work area while operating.
- Perform routine machine preventative maintenance
- Tag scrap.
- Evaluate material inventory.
- Perform assembly/handwork when needed.
- Maintain 5S / Lean Practices
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds on a regular basis.
- Able to stand/walk/stoop/bend for up to 10-12 hours per day as required.
- Must be able to use shop-oriented mathematics.
- HS Diploma.
- Must be available to work overtime, including Saturdays as needed.
- Will be required to use computer.
- Metric: On Time Shipments.
- Metric: Scrap. Must demonstrate efforts to eliminate repeat mistakes.
- Metric: Productivity. Overall Equipment Effectiveness; Must be able to meet pace requirements.
- Metric: Client Complaints. Must meet client’s expectations and eliminate repeat mistakes.
READY FOR AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY
Send resume and portfolio to HR@protomet.com